How can an electrical contractor help your business?
As a certified specialist in designing, installing and maintaining electrical systems, an electrical contractor can help your business in a number of ways.
An electrical contractor usually works on commercial and industrial projects for clients in a range of sectors. They often work as part of a team of contractors on larger residential or commercial projects.
Aside from the electrical services that they offer, an electrical contractor can also help a business by:
- Ensuring compliance with best practice, building regulations, and health and safety standards
- Advising and enabling energy-efficient solutions
- Providing emergency electrical services quickly and efficiently to help minimise downtime
- Offering expert assessment and advice using years of experience
- Keeping the workforce safe through maintenance and inspection of electrical installations
What does an electrical contractor do?
The main types of work that an electrical contractor typically carries out are:
- Installation of electrical wiring, outlets, switches and light fixtures
- Retrofitting, upgrading and replacing existing electrical systems
- Design and installation of lighting and security systems
- Repairing or replacing damaged electrical wiring or components
- Maintenance, inspections and testing to ensure that electrical systems are functioning safely and efficiently
- Consultation and advice on electrical design and planning
- Troubleshooting and emergency electrical services
What accreditations should an electrical contractor have?
A reputable electrical contractor should hold a number of professional accreditations that certify their ability to perform specialist electrical work in accordance with British standards, regulations and compliance.
- Competent person certification, which demonstrates they can self-certify certain types of work without the need for building regulations inspections
- NICEIC (National Inspection Council for Electrical Installation Contracting) certification
- Compliance with Part P of the Building Regulations
- Able to meet the requirements of the BS 7671 IET (Institution of Engineering and Technology) Wiring Regulations. This covers standards and competence regarding the selection, installation, inspection and testing of electrical installations
- Member of the ECA (Electrical Contractors’ Association), which helps to develop technical standards including the BS 7671
- Adherence to health and safety procedures, standards and regulations
How DRF Electrical can help your business
At DRF Electrical, we carry out all types of work you’d expect from an electrical contractor. We design, install, upgrade, maintain and test electrical wiring systems, fire and security alarm systems, electric vehicle charging points, HVAC wiring systems, data and life systems, and lighting schemes.
Our team of electricians and project managers works with commercial and industrial clients across the UK on projects of varying sizes, from single units to multiple premises.
The majority of our work is in the retail, hospitality, leisure, commercial and industrial sectors. We have particular specialisms in store fit-outs, historic and listed buildings, and specialist bespoke electrical projects. We often work with developers, architects and interior designers on schemes.
During 25 years in business, DRF Electrical has built an excellent reputation for high standards and skilled work. We deliver cost-effective electrical solutions efficiently and in line with British safety and quality standards. We believe collaboration and communication with our clients is key to the successful outcome of every project, and we offer excellent after sales care and customer support.
Contact our team to discuss to your next electrical project on 0113 257 8212 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.